Goodguys show at puyallup 2022
Annually, the Gig Harbor Cruisers Automotive Club is the host club at the Goodguys Rod and Custom Association Show sponsored by Griots Garage at the Western Washington Fairgrounds in Puyallup! The host club mans and manages the entrant and spectator gates every day of the show. It is a huge job to organize 99 shifts covered by 96 people (all volunteers), including members from the Gig Harbor Cruisers (42 people) plus partner clubs (56 people). Thanks to our club president and master organizer Bob McCord, the job gets done and everyone has a fun time!
We couldn't get photos of everyone who worked the show at one time there were so many!
Well done all!
2022 SCHOLARSHIP AWARD RECEIPIENTS
Gig Harbor Scholarship Award Chairperson David Ringlee along with committee members Betty Ringlee, Phil and Carolyn Sawyer reviewed the class of 2022 graduates portfolios at both Gig Harbor and Peninsula High Schools. The team narrowed the candidates down to 5 students, who will each receive $1,000 from the Gig Harbor Cruisers, Jack Sutton Memorial Scholarship fund.
The Gig Harbor Cruisers Automotive Club would like to recognize the following Students:
Gig Harbor High School
1. Mathew Aken
2. Dylan Amadon
Peninsula High School
1. Carter Wiltbank
2. Sydney Pifer
3. Ashton Teel
Gig Harbor Cruisers ,
I would like to extend a huge Thank You to you and everyone in your car club who attended our 50’s Drive By. It was great to see everyone and their amazing cars! I have attached some photos from our event.
I look forward to working together in the future.
Joelle Nyman – Vibrant Life Director
Solstace Senior Living at Point Defiance
The Gig Harbor Cruisers Automotive Club wishes to once again thank our 2019 Cruise the Narrows Car Show prize sponsors:
Thank you for your support!
In addition to our annual award categories, special recognition awards are selected by club members! The club gets together each year before the show for the "Trophy Build" event using discarded car parts gathered throughout the year. The trophies are a unique one-of -a-kind creation hand-built by the Club Member who selects the car.
We call them our "Cool Car Awards"
(Just like our regular categories, members cars at the show are not not eligible for awards.)
Trophy Builder Awarded to Car Entry Year /Make Owner
Jack Harrison # 72 1991 Honda Civic "Bubba"
Louise Harrison # 192 1958 MG Rob Griasby
Dana Suttel # 172 1955 Chevrolet BelAir Ken & Colleen
Dave Robertson # 170 1931 Ford Model A pickup Ray Herold
Karen Knowle # 48 1950 Ford Louis Corette
Duane Hahn # 193 1962 Chevy Impala Jonas & Kim Champion
Carolyn Sawyer # 125 1974 Volkswagen Camper Van Dirk Hosie
Bob McCord # 78 1966 Chevrolet C-10 Pickup Rod Overland
Category Trophy Sponsor Entry # Winner Name/Vehicle
1. Founder's Choice Gig Harbor Cruisers 172 Kent and Colleen Bittner – 1955 Bel Air
2. Favorite 4X4 Rick and Trish Belfoy 13 Russell Hueners – 1949 Willys Wagon
3. Favorite Muscle Car Mackert Automotive 114 Shawn Whitehead – 1967 Camaro SS
4. Favorite Unfinished Ride Sculpture Hospitality 176 Tim Roan – 1976 Dodge Aspen K2 Edition
5. Favorite Truck (2 Wheel) Uptown Eye Candy Optics 20 Doug Crosby – 1968 Chevrolet C-10
6. Favorite '30's Les Schwab Tires 77 Anna Overland – 1936 Ford Pick-Up
7. Favorite '40's Griot’s Garage 111 George Thomas – 1948 Ford Sedan Conversion
8. Favorite '50's Pacific NW Eye Associates 33 Steve Stock – 1953 Chevrolet Pick-Up 3100
9. Favorite '60's Gig Harbor Boat Works 38 Mark Kimura – 1965 International Pick-Up
10. Favorite '70's Soundview Barbers 71 Jim Dillow – 1970 Triumph
11. Favorite '80's George Flaherty 29 Tom Lesh – 1987 Ford/Mazda RX7
12. Roger Mosiman - Most Unusual Award Gig Harbor Cruisers 170 Ray Harold – 1931 Model A
13. Favorite GM Ottman and Hendrickson 78 Rod Overland – 1966 Chevrolet Pick-Up
14. Favorite Ford Emerald City Gymnastics Academy 105 Hope Baker – 1969 Ford Bronco
15. Favorite Mopar John Hogan & Uptown 74 Michael Rubek – 1973 Dodge Challenger
16. Favorite Orphan Monnie Moen 220 Roland Horwell – 1973 Citroen SM
17. Decidedly British Pat and Renee Crist 4 Clark Watters – 1950 Singer
18. Under 20 Cruiser The Speed Factory 214 Pierce – 2004 VW Jetta
19. Favorite Corvette Mackert Automotive 34 Steve Blanchard – 1967 Chevrolet Corvette
20. Favorite VW NW VW Club 107 Tony Bowman – 1967 VW Bus
21. Kid’s Pick Systems for Public Safety 143 Accuracy Automotive – 2004 BMW
22. Favorite Subaru Peninsula Subaru
23. Favorite Honda South Tacoma Honda 72 David Corentto – 1991 Honda Civic
24. Favorite Scion Titus Will Toyota 183 Danny Gututala – 2006 Scion
25. Favorite Toyota Titus Will Toyota 213 Tom Curran – 1977 FJ 40
26. Favorite British Sports Car Gig Harbor Cruisers 60 Kay Franklin – 1973 Triumph TR6
27. Favorite Datsun Gig Harbor Cruisers 23 Joe Eberle – 1969 Datsun Pick-Up
GH Cruisers Give Back!
2018 Gig Harbor Cruisers Annual Giving Community Outreach ~
The Gig Harbor Cruisers membership selected three local community organizations to support through the club's charitable giving fund. Food Backpacks 4 Kids, Gig Harbor Peninsula F.I.S.H. Food Bank and Santa for Seniors were selected by the club to each receive cash donations from the club.
Food Backpacks 4 Kids is a non-profit 501(c)(3) charity registered with the Washington Secretary of State. Their charter states they "meet the needs of hungry school children in the Peninsula School District. This program is an effort to ensure families have access to nutritious meals on the weekend."
Gig Harbor Peninsula F.I.S.H. Food Bank began in June 1976 and was incorporated in August 1985 from a group of people who believed "that every person in our community is our neighbor. " Neighbor helping neighbor is their motto. GHP FISH is an all-volunteer, 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. Santa to a Senior is a program to provide presents for Seniors in need during the holidays administered through Home Instead Senior Care.
The members of the Gig Harbor Cruisers encourage our friends to give support by sending your contributions to the following:
Category Sponsor Reg # Vehicle - Entered by
Founder's Choice Gig Harbor Cruisers 138 2006 Lexus - Trenton Culburt
Favorite 4X4 Rick and Trish Belfoy 196 1970 International Scout – Alan Walker
Favorite Muscle Car Mackert Automotive 130 1967 Ford GT 500 – Rob Sweet
Favorite Unfinished Sculpture Hospitality 15 1957 Chevrolet Pick Up – Chris Corigliano
Favorite Truck (2 Wheel) Erin Rockery 58 1966 Chevrolet Pick Up – Ken Marshall
Favorite '30's Les Schwab Tires 93 1933 Ford 4 – Door Sedan – Doug Houghton
Favorite '40's Griot’s Garage 168 1947 Chevrolet – Van Schrader
Favorite '50's Pacific NW Eye Associates 114 1958 Chevrolet Impala – Jerry Walsten
Favorite '60's Gig Harbor Boat Works 57 1968 Chevrolet Chevelle – Rich Marquis
Favorite '70's Soundview Barbers 45 1970 Fiat Spider Coupe – Steve Hare
Favorite '80's George Flaherty 88 1988 Pontiac Fiero – Tom Lovely
Mosiman Most Unusual Gig Harbor Cruisers 20 1930 Ford Model A – Mike Ubrick
Favorite GM Ottman /Hendrickson Familes 50 1964 Cadillac Coupe de Ville – John Patterson
Favorite Ford Bridan Builders 130 1967 Shelby GT500 – Rob Sweet
Favorite Mopar John Hogan 97 1973 Dodge Challenger – Michael Rubek
Favorite Orphan Monnie Moen 169 Saab Sontett – Toby Clausen
Most Photogenic Pat and Renee Crist 225 1968 Chevrolet Chevelle (Canadian) – Ross Fraser
Under 20 Cruiser The Speed Factory 85 1976 Toyota Celica – Zach Winter
Favorite Corvette Mackert Automotive 216 1969 Chevrolet Corvette – Robin Rickard
Favorite VW NW VW Club 110 1971 VW Super Beetle – Amber Stephens
Kid’s Pick Systems for Public Safety 19 1964 Chevrolet El Camino – Leah Smith
Favorite Subaru Peninsula Subaru 224 2004 Subaru WRX STI – Justin Capps
Favorite Scion Titus Will Toyota 76 2008 Scion – Chris Norton
Favorite Toyota Titus Will Toyota 84 1973 Toyota Land Cruiser – Marty Pattin
Favorite Nissan Gig Harbor Cruisers 139 1998 Nissan 240 SX – Trenton Culburt
Favorite Datsun Gig Harbor Cruisers 54 1968 Datsun – Don and Sandi Anderson
Cool Car Award:
Rick and Debby Ream 1965 Austin-Healey 3000
Fun stuff all about cars and the club