The Gig Harbor Cruisers have awarded $4,000 in scholarships to five graduates from Peninsula School District high schools.
We should be proud as Gig Harbor Cruisers that we have contributed over $75,000 to scholarships and charitable donations since the club was founded in 1997.
We encourage more of our membership to get involved in this process. The selection of scholars and the award evenings are educational and provides a perspective to our students as they move to higher education. We have a fairly broad selection criteria which allows us to choose students with varied interests. We really strive to support those who want that automotive or related career.
This year we awarded the following scholarships:
Peninsula High School:
- Celina Parker – Currently at West Sound Tech and accepted to Universal Institutes
- Caleb Skoglund - Rebuilt a motor for his first car and wants to be an engineer
- Andrew Gillett – accepted to Central for Aviation school
Gig Harbor High School:
- Aiden Ott – Has bought and sold cars and going to Clover Park Auto
- Tech School Tyler Beck – Has worked on engines and will be going to WSU
Look for these high school graduates; we are sure you’ll see their names in the future.
As members of the Gig Harbor Cruisers we should be proud that we may have helped a student with his career when education is expensive and there is a real desire to learn and succeed.